GOCD header
  • Which school can my child attend?

A student can attend any school within the catchment zone where he/she resides.


  • How do I apply for a transfer for my child?

Obtain a transfer form from the current school, which your child attends. Complete the form and have the principals sign the relevant section. Take the form to Education Officer for signature. Take the form to the intended school. Permission will be granted for transfer based on availability of space at the desired school.


  • Can I home school my child?

Yes you may. You must first obtain a license to do so from the Ministry of Education. Application forms for the license are available at the Ministry.


  • Where can I obtain reports on my child’s performance?

Reports can be obtained from your child’s school and by accessing the Education Management Information System (EMIS). A link can be found on the homepage of this website.


  • Where can I find contact information about my child’s school?

Contact information for schools can be found on this website in ‘Contacts’


  • How can I obtain a particular document, like a curriculum guide, or a booklist?


Visit the offices of the Curriculum, Measurement and Evaluation at the Education, Science and Technology Building (ESTB) on Cornwall Street to obtain copies of required documents. These can also be obtained from this website.


  • Where do I go to certify my certificates?

Certificates can be certified at the office of the Asst. Chief Education Officer or the Chief Education Officer at the ESTB. CXC certificates are certified at the office of the Local Registrar in the same building.


  • Where can I purchase past exam papers?

Past exam papers can be purchased from the Curriculum, Measurement and Evaluation Office at the ESTB a $5.00 for a set of four papers for a particular year.


  • Where do I register for the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) exams?

Register for CSEC exams at the office of the Local Registrar on Cornwall Street.


  • How will I obtain my CSEC results?

CSEC results can be collected from your school. Private students should collect results from the office of the Local Registrar.


  • What are the costs of registration for CXC Exams?

Fee Structure

  • Entry fee $50.00
  • Local Fee $ 50.00
  • Subject Fee $52.00
  • Oral fee $15.00

PS: School Candidates pay a local fee of $50.00.
 * All values are in XCD (EC) currency.


  • How do I apply for a teaching position?

Complete and submit an application form to the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development. Application forms are available for download from this website.


  • What qualification do I need to be eligible to teach in Dominica?

Applicants need a minimum of 4 O’level subjects including English and Mathematics.


  • Are there professional training courses for teaching?

Yes. You could register with the Dominica State College to pursue an Associate Degree in Teacher Education (Primary, Secondary). This pre-service course will prepare you for classroom practice. There are also in-service training programmes facilitated for practicing teachers by the Ministry of Education throughout the academic year.

Go to top